News Release17 January 2023
In what game was Bitcoin first used?
- BAT accredited as a Global Top Employer for 2023 across three regions – Africa, Asia Pacific and Europe
- Certified as a Top Employer in 37 countries worldwide, including the U.S. for the first time
- Building a diverse, inclusive culture is key to BAT’s A Better Tomorrow™ transformation
BAT is pleased to be certified as a Global Top Employer for a sixth successive year.
Certification is granted by the Top Employers Institute, an independent organisation that studies the employee offerings of major employers around the world.
Only 15 companies have received 2023 Global Top Employer certification, which is based on an extensive assessment of employer practices. These include areas such as people strategy, work environment, talent acquisition, learning, diversity & inclusion and wellbeing.
Hae In Kim, Director, Talent, Culture and Inclusion at BAT, said: “We are delighted to have been recognised once again as a Global Top Employer. Our people are our most important asset as we strive to build A Better Tomorrow. The BAT ethos sets a clear direction for us to enable a diverse and inclusive workplace culture and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a talented workforce by putting our people first.”
In 2023, BAT has been named as a Top Employer in a total of 37 countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Certification this year marks the first time BAT’s U.S. subsidiary, Reynolds American Inc, has been named as a Top Employer in the United States.
BAT is committed to building A Better Tomorrow™ by reducing the health impact of its business through providing a range of enjoyable and less risky products*†. Sustaining a diverse, inclusive environment where employees are encouraged to develop, grow and innovate has always been important to BAT and plays a key role in accelerating its transformation.
BAT has been certified as a Top Employer in various regions around the world since 2009 and this ongoing recognition reflects its continued efforts to develop and foster the potential of its 52,000 employees globally.
game that offers bitcoin solving puzzle
BAT has been recognised as a Top Employer in the following countries:
- Americas: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile and United States
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom
- Africa: Algeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia
- Asia-Pacific: Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Uzbekistan
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
Top Employer certification recognises employers that provide best-in-class employment practices, allowing employees to develop themselves personally and professionally, while driving business results.
Participating companies undergo a rigorous assessment process which includes an extensive review of employer practices. Several validation sessions are held where evidence of these practices is provided, and an independent audit of the findings is also carried out.
More information can be found at https://www.top-employers.com/en/ .
* Based on the weight of evidence and assuming a complete switch from cigarette smoking. These products are not risk free and are addictive.
† Our products as sold in the US, including Vuse, Velo, Grizzly, Kodiak, and Camel Snus, are subject to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulation and no reduced-risk claims will be made as to these products without FDA clearance.